Monday, February 21, 2011

A Bit of Crochet

As Maddy grows a bit older I find that I'm losing my patience for long knitting projects and am more interested in using my yarn stash to make food and amigurumi for her to play with.  With that in mind I have decided to resurrect the crochet hooks and take a second (or third or fourth) go at crochet.


I've found it to be much easier this time around and am having fun with the speed at which the projects are completed.  Right now I am sticking to other folks' patterns so that I can learn some of the art of shaping amigurumi before I branch out into my own designs.

My two recent favorites are a cute little apple by June of Planet June and the Angry Bird Cardinal (pattern link) from Karla of Itsy Bitsy Spider.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment