Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Birds on a Wire

Maddy's room needed some fun curtains to go with the new paint job. I prefer to let a lot of light in the house, even when there is a need for privacy. Thus, I'm really fond of top-down bottom-up curtains. They are even easy to make, once you understand the concepts. I didn't manage to take pictures of the process on the these curtains, but when I finally get around to making the curtains for our bedroom, I'll be sure to write up some detailed instructions.

I picked out a fabulous shade of bright yellow and set my husband to work on the design. He decided that birds on a wire would be the best and we both wanted the curtains to look a bit different from each other. Once he had the template created and drawn onto the curtains, I got out my embroidery hoop and went to work. I think the final project looks rather stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment