Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Loaves of Fishes




Last summer my mother-in-law found the square cake pan she had been searching for at a garage sale. Unfortunately, it came with about 20 other tins, so when we were visiting she told us to pick out some we liked. My husband, of course, chose the fish shaped Jell-o mold and then made me bake his birthday cake in it. It was the worst baking experience of my life! It is completely impossible to pull the cake out in one piece. However, it was also wonderfully fun to decorate.

Thus, when my husband suggested we make some fish shaped cakes for Maddy's baptism I immediately told him he was crazy and then five minutes later agreed. One of the fish is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and peanut butter M&Ms. The other is lemon cake with strawberry frosting. That one is topped with pull and peel twizzlers and gummy bears. The first time, I used jelly beans instead of gummy bears. It looked better, but was *way* too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment